Listed below are industry links that you may find helpful. Click on any of the links to be taken to that website The APVMA is an Australian government statutory authority established in 1993 to centralise the registration of all agricultural and veterinary chemical products into the Australian marketplace. The authority’s principal responsibilities are described in the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals (Administration) Act 1992 and the Agricultural and Veterinary Chemicals Code Act 1994. NSW ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION AUTHORITY Pesticides control or destroy pests by interfering with their metabolism, life cycle or behaviour. As some pesticides can threaten human health and the environment, the EPA controls their use in NSW and provides advice for people working with pesticides. drumMUSTER provides Australian agricultural and veterinary chemical users with a recycling pathway for eligible empty agvet chemical containers. Call us on 1800 008 707. ChemClear is Australia’s only Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) program operating for agvet chemicals. ChemClear is funded by a 6c per lt/kg levy collected under the Industry Waste Reduction Scheme (IWRS).  Using ChemClear ensures that agvet chemical users will meet their responsibilities and obligations under any Quality Assurance, Farm or Environmental Management program. Agsafe was formed in 1993 as an industry-led non-profit organisation following a commitment to product stewardship to ensure safe supply, use and disposal of agricultural and veterinary (agvet) chemicals and containers through the supply chain. Agsafe training provides participants with the knowledge and understanding to safely and legally transport, handle and store chemicals in their state or territory. The Grains Research and Development Corporation (GRDC) is one of the world’s leading grains research organisations. The GRDC’s primary objective is to drive the discovery, development and delivery of world-class innovation to enhance the productivity, profitability and sustainability of Australian grain growers and benefit the industry and the wider community. STATE/TERRITORY LEGISLATION: LICENSING NSW: Training in pesticide use is required under the Pesticides Regulation 2017. For more information on pesticide use and training requirements in NSW please visit the EPA website – NT: If you use agricultural or veterinary chemical products on any property in the Northern Territory, you must use them in a way that is safe for humans, animals and the environment. You must get a licence if you are a business, or work for one, that charges for applying agricultural chemicals such as an aerial spray or pest control operator. For more information on pesticide use and training requirements in NT please visit the NT government website – WA: If you use AgVet pesticides on your own property or land under your control there is no accredited chemical training required. There is however a requirement under WHS legislation to have completed appropriate training in chemical use. For more information visit the WA Health website – If you apply pesticides for remuneration then accredited training is required. For details on licencing visit the WA Health website – VIC: An Agricultural Chemical User Permit (ACUP) is required for anyone who uses ‘restricted use’ chemicals in Victoria (higher risk chemicals). To be eligible to gain the Permit you must have successfully completed accredited training of the AQF3 Chemical Application course. Holding an ACUP does not authorise the holder to use these chemicals for a fee or reward. Commercial operators must hold a Commercial Operators Licence (COL). For more details visit the Agriculture Victoria website – SA: If spraying with Group I herbicides users are required to hold AQF3 Prepare and Apply Chemicals unit of competency and keep accurate records of all spray applications for a minimum of 2 years. Anyone carrying out pest control work for a fee or reward or running a pest control business must apply for a licence – pest management technician’s licence and pest controller’s licence (if running own pest control business). To purchase S7 chemicals (Dangerous Poisons) you must hold AQF3 accreditation.For more information visit the PIRSA website: TAS: you must hold a Commercial Operators Licence if you provide a service that involves the application of AgVet chemicals for fee or reward. You must have successfully completed training of the AQF3 Chemical Application course. If conducting aerial spraying of agricultural products you must hold a Pilot (chemical rating) Licence and you or your employer must hold an Agricultural Aircraft Operator Licence. For more information on licences visit the DPIPWE website – QLD: Under the Agricultural Chemicals Distribution Control Act 1966, if you intend to use ground equipment to distribute herbicides on land that you or a close relative do not own or occupy, you may need a Commercial Operator’s Licence (previously called an ACDC licence). The licence is issued for either a 1-year or 3-year period. You must have successfully completed training of the AQF3 Chemical Application course before applying for the Commercial Operator’s Licence. Commercial operator’s licences are issued by Biosecurity Queensland. For more information visit the Queensland business website: ACT: The minimum requirement for personnel undertaking general weed control (applying pesticides for the control of weeds, or applying pesticides in horticultural situations) is successful achievement of AQF3 Chemical Application. Certified competencies approved by the ACT EPA are also recognised. For more information:
© 2024 SpraySMART